These carefully selected articles, poems, interviews and essays — all written exclusively for this publication — appeal to readers with wide-ranging interests and a love for the literary
- Feature essays by Victoria Dailey, Colin Dickey, Laila Lalami, Dinah Lenney, Geoff Nicholson, George Prochnik, Annalisa Quinn, John Rechy, M.P. Ritger, Bruce Robbins, and Michael Wood.
- An interview with Juan Felipe Herrera by Daniel Olivas.
- Original poetry by Lauren K. Alleyne, Sarah Blake, and Michael Robbins.
- Short takes by Francesca Lia Block, Leo Braudy, Fady Joudah, Jack Pendarvis, and Susan Straight.
- Including an Artist Portfolio and profile of James Welling.
Two Devils in the City of Angels by Victoria Dailey
The Scream by Fady Joudah
Love Fest by Bruce Robbins
20.33.40 by Sarah Blake
A Visit with Mary Beard by Annalisa Quinn
Two Questions for Juan Felipe Herrera by Daniel Olivas
Voyages Around the Room by Geoff Nicholson
Signs of Life by Francesa Lia Block
The Sartre Scenario by Michael Wood
Oh Wow by Michael Robbins
Cell Phone Diaries by Dinah Lenney
Crowd Control by Leo Braudy
The Known World by Colin Dickey
Artist Portfolio: James Welling
Lucien and Sigmund: Thinking in Pictures by George Prochnik
Post-Verdict Renga for Trayvon by Lauren K. Alleyne
Work, Encouragement, Travel by Jack Pendarvis
Translations from the Bone House: On the Poetry of Seamus Heaney and John Hollander by M. P. Ritger
Now the Green Blade Riseth by Susan Straight
There There by Alice Bolin
The Chronicles of the Viel by Laila Lalami
Say They’re Pretty: On Fictional Characters and Real Life by John Rechy